Thursday 13 February 2014

Week 1 - Crate Model and Texture.

For the first week of Texture Development, we were assigned the task of modelling and texturing a common game item - a crate. The modelling was easy as we discovered an effective method of extruding a single flat plane and then duplicating the plane to form the shape of a cube. Texturing was fun as a wood texture was something I implemented into my vending Machine from Intro to 3D last term. I felt what I lacked there was the knowledge to add effects to the layers and overlay the textures. I tried to do this with the crate and used 'drop shadow' and 'outer glow' to enhance aspects of the crate. I made the crate look worn as though the wood had started to weather. 

Here is the final render of my crate. I used two different crate textures for them, one of my crate textures was ever so slightly darker so it didn't look too repeated. I am very pleased with the outcome and learning this method to create an easy crate in Maya and how to make an effective wood texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment