Sunday 27 April 2014

Cottage Door

This is the first part of the cottage, I initially began this door with a straight forward normal wooden door, with various weathering on it. However midway through the texturing I decided to scrap the idea and take a chance with something that I believed was more interesting and unique. I decided to do a gingerbread house.
I looked up a lot of images of gingerbread houses, there were plenty to view and each had unique aspects to them. For now though I just focused on the door. I saw ones with brownie doors, icing gates, candy cane gates and gingerbread doors. The ones that caught my eye though were the gingerbread doors as some had the panels etched out by icing dripping down the door, this was something I was keen to include with my door. I used a few textures to create the gingerbread texture, the main thing to make sure of was that was that the textures were not too busy, so high pass was a good help for this.
For the door handle and frame I chose to go with an icing base followed by candy cane red lines. The outline of green was a common theme that I noticed throughout a few gingerbread houses.
I'm very pleased with the result, its nice and bright and is interesting to look at, but I'm sure the cottage as a whole will really set it off aslong as I can maintain the theme and colour scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment