Sunday 27 April 2014

Tiling floor

Here is my tile-able floor. I did enjoy creating this, although the floor engraving was a repeated shape for quite a few squares on the Photoshop grid. I decided to go with a different pattern for the floor, i had to change the alpha channel slightly to what was there in the power-point guide but I managed to receive some good results.
It tiles fairly well, other than a slight issue with the side 'hazard' lines which I tried to fix a few times before getting it to look the closest to its best.
In order to achieve the metal texture I used a few different textures, mainly changing the layer modes/using various filters such as high pass on certain ones. I would also lower the opacity on layers to allow more to be seen beneath the layer modes. I topped the texture off with a scratched surface texture and it gave the floor some occlusion.
Altogether I was very pleased with the result and look forward to continuing with learning effective methods of creating surfaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment